Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Today might seem like just any other day to others.
The day still ends in 24 hours,
the sun still rises at 7.14am,
and RBS is still in Commonwealth.

But today would mark the day,
the day
when one of my best-best friend
will learn to spread his wings and fly.

Soon, all these are no more..
No more someone who totally understands what I am thinking w/o having to mention it.
No more someone who is willing to offer me a ride when I am late or "sleepy",
One less someone who is willing to hear me talk when I'm bored.
No more cheap indian flicks,
No more late night supper.
No more someone who is willing to follow me go to places when others backout last min.
No more someone who is willing to go to places I so badly want to go.

Nevertheless,
I just hope the bonds so painstakingly forged, will never weaken,
and the memories so deeply etched, will never be forgotten.

It is said that the ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain.
They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken.
Some bonds defy distance and time and logic;
Because some ties are simply...
meant to be.

Hopefully so.






------------------------------------------------

"Who gets to determine when the old ends and the new begins?
It’s not on the calendar, it’s not a birthday, it’s not a new year,
it’s an event —big or small, something that changes us,
ideally it gives us hope,
a new way of living and looking at the world,
letting go of old habits,
old memories.

What's important is that we never stop believing we can have a new beginning,
but it's also important to remember amid all the crap
are a few things really worth holding on to.."- Meredith.

No comments: