Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just came back from a wedding dinner.
the food was rather nice.
I saw alot of distant relatives that i din't even knew existed,
and I could tell that the relationships b/w
us and the slightly-more-distant-relatives are actually becoming quite distant too.

This is quite a saddening trend,
as cousins and nieces that i once played with,
have grown bigger, taller and are becoming more unfamiliar.
We are no longer as close as we once were,
playing with the yellow toy trucks, the mcdoodle board, and talking about pokemon.
We now talk about boring and mundane stuffs like university plans, school.
So much so that, it becomes a little awkward now.

Then i start wondering.
if i happen to get married one day..
and i invite close relatives, or rather people i can talk to.
den i probably would just need 6 tables.
one for relatives on my dad's side. (5+2+1)
one for relatives on my mum's side. (6+4)
one for my Secondary school friends.
one for my JC friends and Army friends.
one for my University friends.
and one for me and my immediate family. (4+?)

oh how different would that be.
how much money would i be able to save too..
but then i tink again.
the bride's side would have her chunk of family,
and it probably wouldn't be just so little anywayz.
soo. oh crapz.

No comments: